Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cambridge Day 2012 - Review

I was there! And now I'll tell you everything!!!

That's me!!!

They gave us this cuuuute notebook for taking notes






























!
The lounge
The lounge
The program
Teacher Isabela was there too! ( she was the driver! )
It was soooooo crowded...
Coffee break 1

Coffee break 2 (very nice idea!)

Livraria Martins Fontes

Bought at Livraria Martins Fontes (50% off!!!)

Cia dos Livros
( SBS and Disal were there too, but I could't get to them! You can imagine why... )

Hugo Loyola presented Four Corners...
...and Interchange.
A Newsweek representative presented
Newsweek Education Program


Penny Ur - Teaching Vocabulary: some insights from the research
-Vocabulary is essencial for proficiency
-Teaching vocabulary means teaching words, lexical chunks, phrasal expressions and colocations
-How much of a reading text do you need to know? 95% - 98% (less for informal texts)
-People learn unrelated items better
-Reading teaches new words very slowly
-Inferencing is not reliable and does not improve learning
-Translation is a useful strategy in teaching vocabulary
-Review a new item: At least ten times
-1/3 of classroom time should be devoted to teaching vocabulary

Jack Richards - Creativity in the Language Classroom
-Give verbs in the present/past to the students and they write a story using them
-Give the beginning and the end of a story to the students, they write the middle
-Give pictures to the students and they write phrases about them in the present/past 


I got late there, so I missed Eric Baber's talk. Sorry! =x

Talk show: Penny Ur and Jack Scholes
Talk show: Penny Ur and Jack Scholes
Talk show: Hugo Loyola, Jack Richards and Jack Scholes
Talk show: Hugo Loyola, Jack Richards and Jack Scholes
In the end, Penny, Hugo and Jack...
...got as a gift from Cambridge...
...Brazil jerseys!
I want one with my name too!!! =p
In the end lots of raffles! Books, subscriptions, a Cambridge English Young Learners mascot... But I only got what everyone got!


I exchanged my voucher...
...and got a Cambridge bag and the
executive preview of Interchange 1!
My certificate (sent to my e-mail a week after the event)

The handouts and slides are available here.

I can't wait for 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment